A Docker registry is a place where we can store reusable Docker images. There are several public or semi-publick Docker Registries and you can also run your own private registry in your organization. The most well known registry is maintained by Docker itself. The major cloud providers run their own registries tightly integrated with their other cloud services.
- Registry where we store our images.
- Inside a registry there are repositories by user.
- DockerHub. Free hosting of public images. Paid hosting of private images.
- Google Cloud Container registry.
- Amazon AWS Elastic Container Registry.
- Deploy your own registry.