- Create a directory and in it create a --bare repository, or if you have a remote sandbox repository use that.
- Clone it to 'local' directory (joe)
- Add 2 files
- Push them to the main repository.
- Clone the repository to another location on the hard-disk (mary)
- Make some changes: create a file your_git_user.txt
- push the changes to the server
- Clone a reposiotry
- Create local develop branch tracking the remote develop branch
- Create local branch feature/USERNAME
- Make some changes
- Push the changes to the remote feature/USERNAME branch
- Fetch the remote to see if other have been doing anything
Some commands you might need
$ git clone URL $ git checkout -b local_name $ git checkout -b local_name origin/remote_name $ git fetch $ git push $ git merge origin/remote_name