Exercise: print lines with Report:
In many cases you get some text report in some free form of text (and not in a CSV file or an Excel file.) You need to extract the information from such a file after recognizing the patterns. This exercise tries to provide such a case.
- Create a script called text_report.py
Given a file that looks like this:
This is a text report there are some lines that start with Report: 23 Other linese has this somewhere in the middle. Begin report Report: -3 Like this. Report: 17 More lines starting with Report: 44 End report We will have some exercise with this file. Maybe 4 exercises. Report: 123
- Print out the first line that starts with Report:.
- Print out all the lines that have the string Report: in it.
- Print out all the lines that start with the string Report:.
- Print out the numbers that are after Report:. (e.g. Report: 42 print out 42)
- Add the numbers that after after the string Report:. So in the above example the result is expected to be 204.
- Do the same, but only take account lines between the Begin report and End report section. (sum expected to be 58)