Expect.pm written by Austin Schutz and maintained by Roland Giersig
- Provides a way to describe user behaviour in a command line environment.
- Can send information as if it was typed on the keyboard.
- Can wait for some Expect-ed value and based on this value do something.
- Originally an extension of Tcl.
- Ported to Perl.
Can be used in environments such as:
- Command line application like bc.
- Telnet to another box and type in things.
- Anything usually a person would do on the command line.
- Works on Linux/Unix/OSX.
- Does NOT work on MS Windows.