Setting up ELK using Rexify
We will also attempt to set up a full ELK stack.
We will start where we left of las time when FErki gave us an introduction to Rex
It is scheduled for April 25: 14:00 Israel
For the time in your timezone check out the registration form or visit the page of all the live events
Most of this will be probably delayed to a future meeting:
- Download the rpm file of ElasticSearch and install on a CentOS based box.
- Configure the /etc/elasticsearch/elasticsearch.yml file
- Make sure we can access it locally with curl
- Install Kibana on another machine
- Configure ElastiSearch and Kibana so Kibana can access ElasticSearch
- Configure Nginx on the Kibana machine as a reverse proxy and add Basic Authentication.
- Install Metricbeat on all the machines and make them send the data to the ElasticSearch
- Add different tags to the instances.
- Install our log generator application on one of the boxes.
- Install Logstash on one of the boxes
- Install Filebeat on the box with the log generator application
- Configure filebeat to process the logfile and send it to the Logstash
- Configure Logstash to accept the data from filebeat and send it to ElasTicsearch
Published on 2021-04-16