Welcome to the Code Maven!
The main topics in abc order
- Ansible - the configuration management system.
- Bash - the shell language of Unix/Linux.
- C# .NET - the language of Microsoft.
- Docker - the de-facto standard in containers.
- Flask, the Python microframework.
- Git, the most popular Open Source version control system.
- Go - Golang, the programming language created at Google.
- Groovy, the programming language used for Jenkins pipelines.
- Jenkins, the automation server used for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Perl on the Perl Maven site.
You might have installed an application by downloading a zip file and unzipping it. Maybe into the /opt/ directory. How can you run it from the GUI of Ubuntu?
Jenkins pipelines can declare what kind of parameters it accespts and what are the defaults to those parameters.
Scheduled jobs will use the default values. Users running the job manually can set the parameters.