Welcome to the Code Maven!
The main topics in abc order
- Angular JS - some old articles about Angular 1.
- Ansible - the configuration management system.
- Flask, the Python microframework.
- Groovy, the programming language used for Jenkins pipelines.
- Jenkins, the automation server used for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Programming Exercises for any language.
In the Unix/Linux shell you can use backticks to capture the output of an external command. In Perl you can use both backticks and the qx operator.
In Python it requires a bit more code, but it is easy to wrap it in a function.
When you shut down a compute intance manual via the console, using gcloud, or when an a preemptible instance is automatically shut down, you can arrange for a script to be executed.
In normal shutdown situation the script has 90 seconds to run, in preemptible automatic shutdown it has 30 seconds to run before the computer is really shut down.
Part of the counter examples using Python and MongoDB.