Welcome to the Code Maven!
Helping you improve your programming and DevOps related knowledge to allow you to have a better job with more satisfaction and higher salary.
The main topics in alphabetical order
- Ansible - the configuration management system.
- Bash - the shell language of Unix/Linux.
- C# .NET - the language of Microsoft.
- Docker - the de-facto standard in containers.
- Flask, the Python microframework.
- Git, the most popular Open Source version control system.
- Go - Golang, the programming language created at Google.
- Groovy, the programming language used for Jenkins pipelines.
- Jenkins, the automation server used for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Perl on the Perl Maven site.
- Programming Bootcamp for Scientists
- Programming Exercises for any language.
- R&D at $company - interviews with engineering leaders
- CMOS - Code-Maven Open Source podcast
Most of the articles were written by Gabor Szabo who provides Automation and DevOps related services. (Setting up CI systems, introducing test automation, moving the company to "the cloud", etc.)
Local development environment for the data.table R project
After the partial success with the development environment for R-yaml we tried another R package called data.table. Eventually we managed to run the tests of this too.
Setup local development environment for R-yaml
One of the participants in Open Source Development Course uses R for her research work. So we decided that in one of the meetings we'll try to explore how to set up local development environment for one of the R-based packages using Docker.
Disclaimer: none of the participants had any experience in contributing to open source projects in R so we might have totally misunderstood how one should set up an environment.
GitHub Actions and Workflows
I feel a bit cheated. Maybe it is only I who misunderstood things, or maybe GitHub had a bit of a name-mess.