Ansible is one of the leading Configuration Management systems. It allows you to describe the expected state of your servers one-by-one or grouped by their task and then it ensures all the servers are in the correct state only relying on standard ssh access.
No agent is required on the host. You only need to install Ansible on the computer(s) from which you wish to manage your servers.
In this series we are going to look at various features of Ansible.
- Setup for Learning Ansible
- Installing Ansible
- Getting Started with Ansible on Mac - managing CentOS on Digital Ocean
- Ansible on Ubuntu in VirtualBox environment - using Python 3
- Enable passwordless sudo for Ansible
- Reboot using Ansible
- Waiting with Ansible, pausing a Playbook
- Install and configure Nginx using Ansible
- Installing Perl and CPAN modules using Ansible