Exercise: Hello World for Web applications
The first exercise for building web applications.
Write a "web application" that will display Hello World. The first one should be a plain HTML file without any code behind it.
Before going on do the above and then see the plain HTML solution.
Then pick your favorite back-end web development environment and write some code that will return the same HTML created earlier. Each soultion should have several versions:
- Just return the string "Hello World!".
- Return the HTML 5 version of "Hello World!"
- Write version in which there is a template with a placeholder for "text" and the code fills that placeholder with the string "Hello World!".
- Hello World! in plain HTML
- Node.js: Getting Started with Node.js
- Python: Hello world with Flask and Python
- Perl 6: Getting started with Bailador
- Perl 5: Hello World with plain CGI
- Perl 5: Getting started with PSGI
- Perl 5: Hello World with Plack in CGI mode
- Perl 5: Hello World with Dancer2
- Ruby: Hello World using CGI
Published on 2015-11-07