Programming Bootcamp for Scientists #3
- 00:00 More in the "First steps" chapter
- 00:47 Nóra had a couple of questions:
- Should we use Atom as an editor?
- Should we use Python downloaded from Python.org?
- What if we have two installations of Python on our computer?
- What other editors and programming environments to use?
- 11:20 Asking questions?
- 12:15 What is programming?
- 18:05 What are the programming languages?
- 22:05 Let's eat grandpa! Words and punctuation matter!
- 22:35 Literals, Value Types - The consistency of single- and double-quotes.
- 30:20 Running the script using a relative path. Showing exceptions (runtime errors) and how to try to understand them.
- 34:00 How to search for explanation about an exception. How to interpret what we see in StackOverflow.
- 39:30 The type system in Python and other languages.
- 40:50 The floating point error
- 43:40 Value Types in Numpy, Binary (base 2) representation of numbers.
Published on 2022-09-24