Programming Bootcamp for Scientists #31
- 00:00 Regular Expressions (part I)
- 01:10 What are regexes?
- 03:40 What are Regular Expressions good for?
- 07:35 Examples
- 09:50 Where can I use Regexes?
- 12:10 grep
- 15:49 Regexes first match
- 19:30 Match numbers
- 21:30 What happens if there are multiple hits, multiple matches?
- 22:40 Why did we match the first set of digits and how to convince it to match the other set of digits?
- 23:58 Capture (group, groups)
- 25:45 How can you match parentheses? (remove the special meaning of the parentheses)
- 28:30 Capture more (multiple pair of parentheses)
- 31:08 Capture even more (parentheses inside parentheses)
- 31:40 findall
- 34:05 findall with capture
- 35:50 findall with capture more than one pair of parentheses
- 37:13 Any Character (dot)
- 40:50 Match a dot
- 41:21 Character Classes
- 45:05 Common Character Classes
- 49:46 Match digits
- 52:35 Match Word characters
- 53:38 Negated character classes
- 55:54 Optional character (the ? quantifier)
- 57:24 0 or more (the * quantifier)
- 58:34 Quantifiers
Published on 2022-10-29
If you have any comments or questions, feel free to post them on the source of this page in GitHub. Source on GitHub. Comment on this post